Friday, June 21, 2013

My Gel Manicure Review

Most of you probably have noticed that gel nail polish is insanely popular right now! (If you don't know what it is, just google it! I didn't want to inculde include it in my review because I know most people know what it is:) This "super polish" promises two weeks of a gorgeous, chip free manicure.
For some, this polish is perfect and works even better than advertised! My grandmother can get three weeks out of her gel manicures, even when she is constantly filing papers and typing on computers at work, sewing, cooking, etc. For others, like me and my mother, this polish doesn't quite work like it's marketed. I got about 5 days out of my manicure before it started chipping. Now I will be honest, I did help the chipping along. I am a perfectionist about my nails, and I can't stand to see my nails chipped. Whenever the polish started lifting from the nail, I did start to chip it off.. However, my mother didn't mess with her nails at all and they started chipping.
 
My nails exactly one week after my gel manicure
 
I don't think that it was the nail tech's fault or that she did anything wrong, I just don't think gel polish lasts on me (I have had two gel manicures and have had the same experience with both). They definitely didn't chip from the tips of the nails like most polish, but instead chipped from the cuticle area.
Don't let me discourage you-- if you're thinking about getting a gel manicure I definitely suggest you try it at least once. I just wanted to give my opinion on a side that you don't hear about often. I've never heard any bad reviews or feedback about gel polish, but mine just didn't work out. I think how the polish lasts on you honestly depends on your nail type. It's worth a try because it might be a miracle product for you, I just wanted to share that it doesn't always work so well on everyone.
By the way-- I have on OPI's Gel Polish in "Cajun Shrimp". The nail tech used this polish with CND Shellac's base and top coat gel polishes as well. I have heard this is a reason it could be chipping, but they did the same thing on my grandmother and the lady beside me, both of which have their gel manicures last for three weeks.
I hope this was helpful! If you want to learn how to easily remove a gel manicure at home click here :)
Thanks so much for reading!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment