Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mac Love Joy Mineralize Blush Review and Swatch

So we have finally reached September, and I don't know about you, but when it gets to around this time of the year I am pretty much done with summer. Although the afternoons here are still hot, the mornings are starting to dip into the 60s and it's slowly but surely (very very slowly) making a transition into fall. I am completely ready for boots, sweaters, and leaves falling off of the trees!
 In honor of my favorite time of the year, I got a new blush that I thought would be gorgeous for fall and also something different to add to my collection: Mac Mineralize Blush in Love Joy!





This is my first Mineralize blush from Mac! Just a sidenote--there is another Mineralize blush from Mac called Love Thing, so be sure to not get them mixed up!


Love Joy is a very unique color that is nearly impossible to describe! It is a slightly rosey, midtone brown color with gold shimmer. Although you wouldn't expect it to, it has a slightly apricot looking undertone on the cheeks (possibly from the gold shimmer?). When first swatched you may think it is too glittery, but once applied, all that is left is a subtle, glowy shimmer.


Love Joy is a great color for fall because it is a bit deeper, but I think it would transition well into summer as well because of its bronzey look. 
I am completely impressed with the formula of these mineralize blushes!! They not only have a great color payoff, but are easy to apply, blend well, and have a great staying power! I highly suggest checking out Mac Mineralize blushes even if this one isn't for you because in my opinion, they are better than the regular formula of blushes. If you do decide to try a mineralize blush, I highly suggest swatching them in store before buying one because they tend to be a little deceiving in the pan! 
*Quick tip: when swatching products, especially blushes, make sure you blend them onto your hand, wrist, etc. not just on your finger because some products look different when they are actually on your skin.
Just a disclaimer-- this blush is EXTREMELY pigmented. I am someone who loves blush and tends to wear a lot of it so I am usually not intimidated by people saying that a blush is pigmented. Especially because I never swirl my brush into blushes and most blushes don't show up well on my skin tone, but this blush shocked me! 
The first time I used it, I barely tapped my brush in twice and I ended up with a huge stripe across my face! My suggestion is to lightly tap your brush in once, tap off any extra, and then lightly blend onto the cheeks. If you want more color, simply repeat the process. It is better to layer the color than to begin with too much on! 
Overall, I am completely in love with this blush and have been wearing it daily. I highly suggest you check it out next time you're near a Mac counter because the pictures don't do it justice.  
These blushes retail for $25 wherever Mac products are sold. 
I hope this was helpful! Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment