Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Maybeline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara Review

So after using the same mascara for months and months (Loreal 24 H Power Volume Collagen Mascara.. See a review here), I started itching to try a new one. Does anyone else get that way?
Anyway, my friend told me about Maybelline the Rocket and I had heard a lot about it, so I started looking at reviews to see what I could find. After finding reviews, and then finding it for only $5.94 at WalMart (YES, A MASCARA FOR $6!!!!) I had to try it!



I included two pictures of the wand without any mascara on it just so you could really see it. First things first, this wand is amazing! I have to be honest, I didn't think I would like it.. at all. I am usually not a fan of rubber wands, especially because the ever-so-famous Covergirl Lashblast Volume has a rubber wand and literally does NOTHING to my lashes. So from the beginning, I wasn't really expecting much.
But I was most definitely wrong! This wand is filled with fairly long rubber bristles. Because there are so many bristles, the wand catches each and every lash. The long bristles help to not only apply the product but to evenly sweep and comb it through the lashes. This wand is the best I have ever used, by far!
 In this picture with the wand with mascara on it, you can see that there are no clumped spots on the wand. 
The formula of this mascara is more on the wet side, but don't let that scare you away! It is not thick and messy, but more of a thin wet consistency. It is very easy to work with.
This mascara gives excellent volume from the first coat! It volumizes, separates, and adds a little length. It is very buildable, so with each new coat you get added volume and more drama! This mascara builds better than any I have ever tried. 
And one of the best features? NO CLUMPS. EVER! I am not someone who is repulsed by a little bit of a clumpy look, but this one has blown my mind. The wand truly separates and makes clumping nearly impossible. Even with three coats, my lashes still looked defined. I always thought volumizing mascara with separation and definition was just impossible, but here it is!
Also, I have had no problem with this mascara smudging or flaking on me. For me, it wears all day just fine. The only complaint I have is that whenever I accidentally get it on my eyelid while applying it, it is very hard to get off. Most of the time, I can use the q-tip trick, but this one does not come off. So you may need to be a little careful.. but to me it is still worth it!
Lately, to get more length, I have been applying my mascara in a different technique. Before combing through my lashes with the wand, I apply the mascara first to the tips of my lashes. After I have applied some to the tips, I go ahead and comb through all of my lashes. I do this with the second and third coat as well (if I do a third coat). It still volumizes my lashes just as well, but with some added length. I got this idea from this video:
 

So that's it! I am so surprised that I fell in love with this mascara but it is definitely my new favorite. Give it a shot!
Thank you all so much for reading! I hope this was helpful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment