Thursday, May 23, 2013

Review: Loreal Power Volume Collagen 24 Hour Mascara

Mascara reviews are very tricky because literally everyone has different taste in mascaras! Not only are everyone's lashes different (length, thickness) but nearly everyone likes their lashes to look different and prefers different formulas of mascara and different mascara wands! It's pretty complex, huh?
But although I think mascara reviews tend to be more based on personal preference, I always read reviews before I buy a mascara I've never tried.
That's why I decided to review my recent favorite mascara: Loreal Power Volume Collagen 24 Hour Mascara (longest mascara name ever).

I heard about this mascara in a makeupbytiffanyd video and I had never really heard about it before then. To start out, let me tell you what kind of mascara I prefer. I have about medium length lashes; they're not super long but not sparse, and they're not thin, but not insanely thick either. I tend to like thicker, wetter mascaras. I love to add volume, but length is always welcome, too :) I am not afraid of my lashes getting a little clumpy, especially because if it gets too clumpy, I just brush them out with an old mascara wand. Some of my past favorite mascaras are Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black and Lancôme Hypnose Drama.
 
This mascara provides huge volume and really good length too! It has a wet, thick formula, but isn't so wet that it's impossible to use. I apply two coats every day because I love huge lashes, but it probably wouldn't be necessary for everyone. I like that it doesn't make my lashes crunchy and keeps them soft. Also, it wears really well! I don't know about 24 hours (never had to keep it looking good for that long), but it definitely wears all day without flaking, smudging, or clumping and it keeps a curl fairly well (I do not have the waterproof version). And a great bonus is that although it wears well, it is easy to remove :)
 
I wanted to get some sort of picture up for you all of me wearing this mascara, although I really hate when reviews do include these pictures because they never accurately represent how the mascara looks in person. But for anyone who's curious, here is a picture of me wearing it (please excuse the messy makeup, I had just woke up from a nap haha).
 
 
The wand is a pretty big wand (probably the biggest I have ever used) and it is made of natural bristles? I'm not really sure what to call them. It's kind of like a supersized hybrid between the Lancôme Hypnose Drama wand and the Loreal Voluminous wand. The only real downside I can think of with this mascara is that it is very easy to get it all over the eyelid with the huge wand. Nearly every time I use it, I get little dots of mascara all over my eyeshadow. These do come off easily with a q-tip, but it is pretty annoying. Also, I have never tried to put it on my lower lashes, but I don't know how anyone could without making a huge mess with this mascara because the wand is so huge.
Overall, this is probably my favorite mascara that I have ever used. It provides me with huge lashes, and it is affordable, retailing for about $8 at drugstores. If you are someone who is terrified of clumps, this mascara is not for you. If you have really small eyes, this wand may overwhelm your eyes and just end in a mess. But if you go for big, dramatic lashes, this mascara is definitely a must-try! One of my friends actually asked me if I was wearing false lashes one day when I was wearing this, and I have received many compliments on my lashes while wearing this mascara :)
Thank you so much for reading! As always, if you have any questions, I would love to answer them, so just leave a comment! I hope that this was helpful! :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment