Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Jordana Made to Last 12 Hr Eyeshadow Pencil in Eternal White Review+Swatch

I don't know about you, but I feel like Jordana has taken the beauty world by storm lately! All of a sudden I'm hearing about their Best Lash Extreme Mascara, balm stains, Fabuliner, and definitely these Made to Last 12 Hr Eyeshadow Pencils!
 
 
Jumbo eyeshadow pencils are very popular right now, and the drugstore has definitely stepped up their game. With Wet n Wild, Rimmel, NYX, Milani, LA Colors, and now Jordana all having these jumbo pencils, there is a lot to choose from. 
 
 
Eternal White is a great, pigmented white. I love to use this in the inner third of my eyes every day so that no matter what eyeshadow I use over it, the inner part will stay bright. This is also an awesome color for intensifying any eyeshadow you put over it!
The formula of these is amazing! They are super creamy, pigmented, and easy to blend. They also stay on ALL DAY and have never creased on me! This is the best staying power I have found with any jumbo shadow pencil I've used. 
I actually own some of the Urban Decay 24 Hour Eyeshadow Pencils and I think the Jordana shadow pencils are better! The Jordana pencils are creamier, much easier to blend, and last longer. Even if Jordana doesn't have the color you want, I would definitely stick to the drugstore when it comes to these eyeshadow pencils.
These can be used as bases underneath eyeshadow or on their own, but I definitely always prefer eyeshadow pencils as bases. It is amazing how much more intense a shadow can look over the right base! 
The only downside to these is that they are not retractable, which means they have to be sharpened. Although this isn't a huge deal, it would still be more convenient if they were retractable. So if you buy these, you're going to need a jumbo pencil sharpener (which is kind of a hassle to have to get a sharpener just for one product). I have a Nars sharpener that has both a regular size sharpener and a jumbo, and I know Urban Decay and Elf also make dual sharpeners. I would definitely suggest getting a dual sharpener because they're so convienent. 
A little surprise dupe-- Jordana has a Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond that would be an awesome dupe for a Mac Paint Pot! It is a great skin tone color that could be used as a base to even out your lids!
Although I don't like that you need a sharpener for these, I still highly suggest them! They are amazing quality and you can't beat the price at $3.99!
My shadow pencil in Eternal White has become a staple in my daily makeup routine.
I hope this was helpful! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment