Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers Review +Swatch of Comet

When it comes to lip products, I tend to be pretty picky. I hate the feeling of a heavy lipstick on my lips. I also hate having to fuss with the lip color smearing and having to reapply constantly. With that being said, I usually don't buy expensive lip products (or any at all) because I hardly wear anything on my lips.
Lucky for me (and all of you, too!) I found a GREAT drugstore lip product that is affordable! And even I approve of it! 
This is the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Comet! Rimmel markets these lacquers as not a lipstick and not a lip gloss-- something bigger and better than both of those. I would describe these as a liquid lipstick.



 
These lacquers have a doe foot applicator that is different from anything I've ever seen! The applicator has a groove in it that holds more product so that you can cover your lips completely without reapplying. Although it holds enough product for your lips, it doesn't apply too much, so you don't end up with a mess! This doe foot applicator also makes it easy to be very precise.


These lacquers have a great formula! The formula is like that of a liquid lipstick, except it doesn't "harden" and dry. The formula does set, but does not make your lips feel tight and dry. The finish has a slight gloss to it when first applied, but eventually wears to a semi matte finish.
These lacquers wear for a very long time! Mine lasted at least 3-4 hours with me drinking, eating, etc. One of my favorite things about these lacquers is that it doesn't "chip off" or collect on your lips as it wears. It wears off very evenly without looking gross and feeling uncomfortable. Also, it leaves a slight stain on the lips without looking messy.
 The only issue I have with the formula is that it can make your lips feel kind of dry after a few hours of wear. Nothing obnoxious and flakey, but your lips definitely lose the moisturized feel with time. This can be fixed with a sweep of gloss or chapstick though.
These lacquers are also INSANELY pigmented. The picture below is one swipe. Although they're very pigmented, they don't feel heavy or cakey. They are also buildable, so if you want more color, it can be achieved easily!


I chose the color "Comet" because I repeatedly saw it described as a "my lips but better" shade. This is the issue I have with this color. Although this color is definitely a neutral shade, it isn't just slightly darker than my natural lips like most "MLBB" shades. This color is more like "my lips but 15 times darker"!


This color is a neutral pinky-brown. It is a great neutral shade for every day for those who are comfortable wearing darker color on their lips. It is darker but not so dark that it's "shocking" or "distracting". Because I'm not as used to it, I tend to only wear it on occasions when I want to look nicer, but it never disappoints.
When I want to tone the color down a bit, I can easily do that by blotting my lips. I do this by putting a tissue in between my lips and simply pressing my lips together. This gives a more wearable color:


These lacquers have a rosy scent to them, but it's not too noticeable and
I can't smell it at all once it is applied. 
The best part? These retail for around $6-8! 
I definitely suggest these Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers and I love the color Comet! I think Comet will transition even better into fall and winter. 
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment