Sunday, May 19, 2013

Review: Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Earth Reflection

I bought the Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Earth Reflection nearly a year ago in New York City, so I've had quite a bit of time to "get to know" the palette. Before I bought the palette, I found hardly any reviews on it, so I thought I would write one to help out anyone looking into purchasing it! Let's get started :)
*As a little disclaimer: my makeup is very well loved. If I use a product frequently, it is usually a little beat up after being tossed in my makeup bag, toted around everywhere, etc. :)
 
First of all, if you're looking for a luxurious product, this is it! Even the packaging screams luxury.
 
 
The product even comes in this velvety pouch to protect it--you may pay a lot for the palette but they definitely try to make you feel like you're getting what you pay for!

 
Sorry about the funny reflections, the packaging is almost mirror-like which makes it hard to photograph.
 
 
I took pictures in more bright lighting and then again without the brightness just so you could see the colors well. And yes.. there is a chunk missing from the middle shade. I accidentally scraped it with my nail one time :/
 

 
Now let's talk about the actual shadows themselves! These eyeshadows have a luxuriously smooth, buttery feel to them. They are extremely easy to work with and easy to blend. One of my favorite things about these shadows is that they have a true neutral undertone. Instead of having a pink or golden undertone to them, the undertone is truly neutral, making them easy to wear with any other colors. I love wearing this palette whenever I wear bright pink lipstick because the neutral undertones don't compete with the color of my lips and make my face look too pink. Every shade has a shimmer to it, but isn't glittery or overpowering at all. The shimmer is very subtle and wearable and I have found it to be flattering for all ages. It also photographs very well!
 
 
The color shown above is the color in the top left-hand corner of the palette. It's a beautiful light neutral shade with a slightly more noticeable sheen that is perfect for the lid.
 

The next color (which is in the top right-hand corner of the palette) is a beautiful light to medium taupe brown color.

The shade on third shade shown above is the one that is in the very center of the palette. In the pan this shade seems like it will have a very pinky undertone, but when swatched it actually just has a slightly pink undertone.
 

 
This shade is located in the bottom left-hand corner of the palette. It is a rich, deep brown that is perfect for the outer corner of the eyes (or anything else you want to use it for!).
 

This last shade is the shade located on the bottom right-hand corner of the palette. It is a light shade perfect for highlighting under the brows or in the inner corner of the eyes.
 
Overall, I love this palette! It is very high quality and luxurious to use. Although it only has 5 shadows, there are numerous looks that can be created with this palette, from simple everyday looks, to smoky eyes. This palette could work for nearly anyone, from those looking for a good neutral palette to use every day, to beauty junkies like me :)
 
This Dior 5-Colour Palette comes in other colors as well and retails for $60. In my opinion, the price is the only downside to this palette. For someone who is planning on using this palette as their only eyeshadow, I think it is definitely worth the price. For others, hopefully this review has helped you decide if it is right for you!
Thank you so much for reading! If you have any questions, feel free to comment them and I will be happy to answer them! :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment