Monday, May 20, 2013

Review: Tarte EmphaEYES Waterproof Gel Liner

As most of you know, gel liner has become quite popular in the last few years. Most who are fans of gel liner claim that it is easier to use than liquid and more precise and longer lasting than pencil liner. The most talked about gel liners are usually from Mac and Bobbi Brown but I have a different favorite-- I have been using the Tarte Gel liner for about a year and a half and I adore it!
 
 
 

I have the color black, which is just a true black (shocking right?)
 

 
This eyeliner has a great, creamy consistency that doesn't dry out easily--which means you shouldn't have to repurchase often! A little bit goes a long way. And it truly is what it says it is: waterproof!! After swatching it, I rubbed on the swatch as hard as I could and all that happened was a little fading. It is extremely easy to use and is so versatile! My personal favorite use and how I use it nearly everyday is for my waterline. I use just a little bit on my waterline and it lasts virtually all day. I have never found a better product for the waterline, so if you're a liner lover like me, check this out!
 It also comes with a double ended brush that is really nice quality. I use the thin end everyday for waterline liner and I use the short shader end whenever I put shadow on my lower lashline, but these are just my most common uses for the brush. It is very versatile!


 

 This liner retails for $24 and is available wherever Tarte is sold, but I always purchase it at Sephora. I suggest to everyone, from those just beginning with eyeliner, to gel liner addicts, to those who love waterline liner like me. I really don't think you can go wrong with this product. It is a little pricey, but in my experience, I have only had to repurchase this once a year, so it lasts a pretty long time (as long as you make sure to always securely seal the lid).
Thank you so much for reading! If you have any more questions I would LOVE to answer them in the comments. I hope this helped! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment