Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Bare Minerals Golden Gate Blush Review

I can't believe that I haven't done this review yet! Today I'm going to be sharing with you all my favorite blush-- Bare Minerals Blush in Golden Gate :)
 
 
This blush is a loose powder mineral blush. People tend to think of loose mineral products as messy, but Bare Minerals has really perfected the packaging of their mineral products. There is a plastic (I think) cover over the minerals that has only three holes that allow the product to come through. Over that there is another cover that turns open. This way the product is virtually mess free!
 
 
This blush is a gorgeous unique color! This and the fact that it is a mineral blush made it quite difficult to swatch. It is a beautiful warm apricot color but is very hard to describe because I haven't found other colors like it. It has reddish and peachy tones to it that make it look more natural. It is quite pigmented, which I love because it actually shows up.
This blush has a gorgeous shimmer to it. It isn't chunky and dramatic, all it does is give the blush a light sheen and glow. When applied, this blush makes the skin look glowing and healthy! I have found that it goes with nearly any makeup look and photographs BEAUTIFULLY. I have also found that this color looks good on basically everyone-- pale, tan, pink undertones, yellow undertones, you name it.
Another awesome thing about this blush is that is has amazing staying power!! It lasts all day without any foundation under it (on bare skin). It is the only blush I have with such good staying power, it is seriously amazing! And over foundation it lasts even longer :)
 

 
My favorite way to apply this blush is with the Bare Minerals Handy Buki brush. This is a dense brush that really picks up the product and buffs it into the skin. Although I love this brush, you can apply the product with whatever brush you like :)
 
 
If you are wondering how to apply it, it's really simple! Simply rotate the cap that is over the dispenser (obviously) and then tap the product into the cap. Then swirly your brush into the product, tap of any excess in the cap and apply it! I have found that tapping the product into the cap is the easiest way to apply the product.
This product retails for $19 and is available at Sephora, Ulta, and wherever else Bare Minerals is sold.
I hope that this post was helpful! As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you so much for reading! :)
 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment