Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Loreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Amber Rush

Today I decided to write about a long-time favorite product of mine-- the Loreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in Amber Rush.
 
 
 
This line of eyeshadows is so different! Loreal describes these as long wearing, crease resistant pigments basically.
Many people have compared them to the Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows, and although I don't own those, I can see how these eyeshadows can measure up to high end ones! I feel like these shadows are completely beyond drugstore, a really good quality but different concept.
The formulation of these is basically like a hybrid between a cream and powder, but it leans more towards a powder. They're hard to explain, but I think of them kind of like a very creamy pressed pigment. They feel soft and smooth and glide on with EXTREME pigmentation. This eyeshadow is honestly one of the most pigmented eyeshadows I have, it's amazing.
The product is definitely long wearing but I can't comment on the 24 hour part too well because I've never worn it that long and I've also always worn it over primer.
 
Don't forget to keep this little lid on! It's what keeps the pigment pressed:)
 
 
Amber Rush is an amazing amber-copper color with a gorgeous sheen. It doesn't have glitter or sparkle but definitely has a shimmer and sheen to it. I have used it by itself, but I also like using it under gold eyeshadow (Urban Decay Half Baked) to give a different dimension to the color. It's a very versatile color and can be worn so many different ways.
I have found that the best way to apply this shadow is with my finger, it seems to pick up the pigment the easiest and apply the product the most smoothly. Shader brushes that I have used with it didn't seem to pick up the pigment as well.
The color can take on a fairly light pinky look or a true amber color depending on the lighting so I have two different pictures to show you the different shades of the color.
Amber Rush in direct sunlight
 
 
This color is EXTREMELY pigmented and you can get plenty of color by just barely touching it. I honestly can't rave about the formula enough, if I didn't know it was from Loreal, I would think it was extremely high end.
Theses shadows come in quite a few shades, from wearable every day colors to dark smoky colors to bright colors to unique colors like this one!
I completely recommend these shadows to everyone, they are phenomenal! I purchased mine at Walgreens for about $8, but they are available at most drugstores. Definitely check them out!!
As always, thanks so much for reading! I hope this was helpful! :)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment