Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: My Favorite Powder!

For me, setting my makeup with powder is an essential part of my makeup routine! Because I only wear concealer, I like to set it with powder to ensure that it lasts all day! I also love to use powder to keep my skin looking matte.
Although I love powder, it's not usually something that I want to spend much money on. My favorite powder as of now is my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder! I have the color Medium Sand :)
 
 
This powder is super soft and light feeling. You will not get much coverage out of this powder, so if you're looking for a high coverage powder, this is not it! When applied with a big powder brush there is very little coverage, and when it is applied more concentrated you get a little bit more. The coverage is never drastic or noticeable, honestly.
This powder does a good job at mattifying the face. Whenever I put on concealer or foundation and it still has a slightly wet look (dewy maybe) it does a great job of mattifying it and taking the shine out without making it look cakey. It doesn't keep my t-zone area matte all day, but it definitely helps and makes a difference. It does an awesome job at setting my makeup and helping it last all day!
This product is super light feeling so you will not have to worry about it feeling heavy on your skin. I like this because it is light enough to where you can apply some over your under eye concealer and not have to worry about making it look cakey. Like I said earlier, I like to use a little anywhere that I applied concealer but I have also started lightly dusting it all over my face to make my other face products apply more smoothly. It does this because it makes all of the skin the same texture so that blush and bronzer doesn't catch on more oily areas (I learned this trick from Kevyn Aucoin's book Making Faces).
I have heard this product compared to the Mac Mineralized Skinfinish Natural powders, but honestly I don't completely agree. The Maybelline Dream Matte powder is lighter in texture and coverage and more matte than the Mac Powder. 
Overall, I really love this powder and if it sounds like it would work for you, try it out! It is available anywhere drugstore makeup is sold and retails for around $7-8. This is my second one of these powders, but when I run out I plan on trying the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.
I hope this was helpful! Thanks so much for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment